A critical look at the Wichita TV news

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Has "Degrassi High" replaced KAKE's "Good Morning Kansas."

I've been asleep for a few years and it would take something to wake me up. Well I turn on the morning news this morning and I had a flashback to the days of the PBS teen show, "Degrassi High." Jordan Shefti anchoring, some new cheesy weather guy named, "Frank" and new clueless live reporter Annette Lawless. The team (I use that word loosely) looks like a Teenage broadcast and the happy talk is of same caliber. KAKE's normal morning show cast unfortunately must have taken off at the same time. I haven't commented on the TV news in this town for quite some time, (not sure if I ever really will) however the mornings on all three stations now have the most sound talent throughout the day. But at least this morning KWCH and KSN definitely led the way. If you wanted to feel like you were watching a video version of "TeenBeat Magazine" than KAKE delivered. -Hal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back Hal!