A critical look at the Wichita TV news

Friday, December 14, 2007

Weekend Weather Woody Warning

We just cannot get enough of the Weather Woodys lately with all the weathermen last night calling for snow accumulations of 4 inches and up for the area Tonight into Tomorrow. Once again I have to say I continue to be impressed with Ross Janssen at KWCH. He isn't overly flashy and he tells you the facts and what to expect and lets the viewers decide if they want to get excited or not. He doesn't force the viewer into excitement or panic.
The Attack at KWCH - It was interesting to hear the thuds in the background of the newscasts on KWCH Yesterday. A few times they informed viewers that the noise was chunks of ice falling from their tower. -Hal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That ice falling off the tower thing is scary as hell. When I worked there you would have to watch it on your way into the building to make sure one of them didn't hit ya in the head. One of these days someone is going to get killed from a big ass chunk of ice hitting them and I am going to laugh when they get sued!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got fired and are still a little bitter. Laughing as someone getting hurt makes you even less of a person than that. Besides, there are warning signs all around and everyone takes precautions when it is going on.

Anonymous said...

Well when I was there I saw a chunk of ice cave in an employees car. It smashed the top something horrible! Now care to suggest how you prepare for that Mr. Company man? And the best part of that story was the station would not pay for a dime of the repair work even though the employee had liability only insurance and was up a creek! Also for the record I did not get fired I decided to move on. I enjoyed my time at KWCH and I still think they are a wonderful station, however like every other station in this market the value their employees very little.

Anonymous said...

KWCH will get sued someday for an employee, client, or visitor getting hit by ice. An overhead canopy (temporary or permanent) needs to be installed to safeguard against this.