A critical look at the Wichita TV news

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Brighter Future for KSN??

So I have been out of the state for 5 days and get back today, only to read frequent commenter, Jon's comment. He links to this article.
http://wichita.bizjournals.com/wichita/stories/2007/05/28/daily12.html?jst=b_ln_hl
WOW. What a way to be welcomed back to blogging. Interesting developments. I'd be curious to know what the folks of KSN are thinking right now. As the article states, they went through their last sale just over a year ago and I am sure they are worried about the possibility of a repeat of what they went through when their current owners bought them: layoffs and massive cutbacks. I would almost imagine in some ways, some of the employees might view this as good news. Once again I am curious to hear any comments from those possibility affected by this possible sale. -Hal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I work at KSN. I believe this will be a good thing for the station. The net worth of the facility is now MUCH more than it was when the current owners bought us. I believe that if a well established company came in, they would see the potential (as you have pointed out in the past) of KSN and hire more staff in the newsroom. My 2 cents.

Anonymous said...

When you are a distant, distant number 3 in the market any news like this is good news.

Anonymous said...

m. -

keep drinking that kool-aid my friend.

Anonymous said...

i think m. being positive is a good thing. Why all the negative from the other 2? Oh wait, I expected it from KAKE

Anonymous said...

The current owners are cheap and clearly not doing the product better, this is only a good situation for KSN

Anonymous said...

Viewers have their loyalties and a new company throwing money at a station isn't going to change that.